YOUR LAST RELATIONSHIP WENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS...
Gym: What's wrong?
Gym: Why are you so mad at me?
You: You are so judgmental, that's why! All you do is look at me and judge! I don't do enough. I do too much. Like you're so perfect!
Gym: Well, guess what? I hate being used. All YOU do is use me. Special Occasion? "Let me see if I can lose 10lbs in one workout. "
You: I do not! I use you other times too...
Gym: First date, seeing an old friend, PMS, went out last night and drank too much, & my favorite..."I want to show off this super duper cute workout outfit I just bought"
You: I hate you.
Gym: I hate you.
You: I think we should break up.
Gym: I don't care. Do whatever you want.
You: Why are you trying to hurt me?
Gym: Oh please! Drama queen. Just get out.
You: No, you get out!
Gym: It's my house!
Make sure this never happens again! Read on.
THE FOOL-PROOF GUIDE TO A LOVIE-DOVIE GYM RELATIONSHIP
- Find a gym that you are compatible with on every level.
- Location, price, classes, trainers, parking, etc...
- Don't let others pressure you into joining. Do it when you are ready.
- Go on a few dates first.
- Every gym offers a trial period.
- Bring your gym home to your friends and family...so to speak of course! Ask your f&f what they think.
- Be committed. 100%! Don't go into any relationship half-assed.
- Treat each other with respect.
- Do your research!
- Know everything you can about this gym and what they are about.
- Check out the gyms track record.
- Consumer reviews on Yelp are a great resource.
- See what the gym is willing to give you.
- Free sessions with a trainer.
- Free month of membership
- Feel comfortable at the gym. Always.
OUT INTO THE WORLD YOU GO!
Best thing about a break up with a gym? You don't have to worry about that awkward moment when you run into each other out on the town or that drunk text you send at the end of a long night. Honestly, your gym doesn't have feelings and won't care who you date next.
So, before you go on your next GymHarmony.com date, learn from your past relationships and go into this one knowing exactly what you want and don't want. Use my fool-proof guide and you will be in a happy, long term, symbiotic, and healthy relationship...with a gym before you know it. Happy dating!