Thursday, November 17, 2011

Don't have time in your day to workout, eh?

Infomercial Announcers Voice: Is this you? 

I'm way too busy to workout!.. I get out of work too late..I can't workout, I have kids..My dog ate my gym clothes!

Ok, ok. Maybe not that last one but I've heard it all and I have one common response to every excuse, "really!?" 

I know work is tough, kids are a handful, finding parking is never fun, and after a long day you want only to sleep. The truth is, as we all know, life is not always easy. If you can make time in your day to sit down and watch the season finale of America's Got Talent, then you can spare 30 minutes to workout. Here is a quick and easy 30 minute workout for all you desk junkies, soccer moms, and DVR hoarders. 

Strength Training - 20 Minutes
Complete this circuit as many times as possible in 20 minutes before going onto the cardio portion of the workout.
1) Squats - 20 repetitions 
2) Chest Press - 12-15 repetitions
3) Deadlifts - 20 repetitions
4) Lat Pull Downs - 12-15 repetitions
5) AB Bicycles - 20 repetitions 

Cardio Training - 10 minutes

1) Elliptical 
    1 min @ high resistance 
    1 min @ low resistance
    Alternate for 10 minutes between high and low resistance  

There it is! 30 minutes to a healthier and fitter you. Get off your tukus and get going!


No comments:

Post a Comment